Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Only 17 more months to go!

It's officially the start of week 4, which means I've been at AM for almost a month now! I guess a month isn't actually very long, but it feels satisfying anyways.

Last week was our first animation week, which would've been really fun, but instead it was mostly just frustrating b/c my computer decided to crap out and develop a stutter (if you use your imagination I'm sure you can see how that would make animation difficult). I'm hoping to have it fixed this week, although I'm sort of dreading the fix itself.

I'm getting a new motherboard and processor and I know my computer is gonna be awesome, but at the same time, getting a new computer always sucks. It's kinda like getting a new house. It's technically better, and it's great once you're moved in, but there's always a really unpleasant period where you have to reorganize, throw stuff out, wander around looking for stuff you've lost, and generally just get annoyed because you don't have everything available that you're used to. I also find that I never realize how much useful stuff I had until it's gone, and that moving takes waaaay longer than I expect.

Anyways, as a result of my stupid broken computer my work wasn't as complete as I would've liked, but I'll post it anyways. This isn't actually the finished version of some of the stuff, but I can't stand to compile another video :P

This week my assignment is to animate a heavy ball and a light ball, so if you just HAPPEN to have some reference footage of a bowling ball or a ping pong ball bouncing, let me know!

EDIT: This was supposed to be posted Monday, but I got an upload error and then we took my computer apart to fix it. Oops! But now my computer is fixed with a brand spanking new Quad Core processor. Yaaaaaaaay :D

EDIT2: Apparently the video refuses to upload properly, so sorry, no video for you!

3 comments:

net perin said...

Ooooohhh!
Ahh!
When one door is shut, another is open...
to a Quad Core... NICE!

Can't wait to see your animations :D Till January I am living vicariously through you, hehehee!...Thanks for keeping up with the posts:D

Good Luck with class...
Rah, rah, rah, Go AM! Go! :D

Belf said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Belf said...

Oops. I meant...

>Till January I am living vicariously through you

..me too! :)

keep up the good work.