Monday, October 29, 2007

Another week gone by

Well, another great week is behind me, and the good news is that my video uploaded properly! My mentor Elliot couldn't have possibly been any more helpful throughout the week; he really goes above and beyond what's expected!

This week we get a ball with squash and stretch, so I'm actually pretty excited about that since I think it'll add a lot of character. I still have to think up a good idea though :S We also have to do a pose with Stu that shows devastation, and THAT I have a good idea for :D

In other news, I finally watched Surf's Up, which was actually a lot better than I expected! I didn't realize it was documentary style, but it works really well, especially since for the voices they actually had the actors stand in a room together and improv based on a pretty loose script. The whole thing ended up really natural and appealing, and quite funny, although it doesn't really come off as a kid's movie imo.

I also just started playing the new Ratchet and Clank game for PS3, which is also very good! Although the animation isn't exactly movie quality, it's a lot better than most other games, and I would certainly be more than happy to work on something like that. You can tell that they actually put a lot of work into getting good-quality results, whereas a lot of game companies have their animators working so quickly that the end product is pretty lackluster.

Anyways, that's it for now, check back next week, same bat-time, same bat-channel!


3 comments:

net perin said...

Hey that's great... I love the balloon....sweet idea :D
and I love the heavy ball on the left... nicely done.
The ball in the middle, what kind of ball were you imagining?
It kind of reminds me of one of those kids blow up toy balls.

You're doing awesome! Keep in up!

Anonymous said...

boooo no enzo!
I like it though, you'll have to show me how this stuff works on the weekend and also show how your stewie turns out

Mitch Yager said...

Good stuff, the balloon is quite nice. It sounds like ur really enjoying AM, Now I really can't wait to start come Jan. Keep postin