Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Time's a ticking

Wow, I can't believe it; there's less than a moth left to go! All of my high hopes of becoming well-read, amazing at thumb-nailing, and an expert at Maya have been completely crushed, and now of course I'm even more nervous about starting than before! I'm almost done IoL at least (which let me remind you again, is amazing) but I've had trouble finding time for much else.

I'm sure I could've got a lot more done, but between having a puppy, going to Penny Arcade Expo, working in a fridge (don't even get me started on my horrible job) and practicing Guitar Hero and Karaoke Revolution in preparation for Rock Band, I've had no trouble whatsoever putting things off.

Penny Arcade Expo (PAX) was fantastic by the way! If you like video games, table top games, or are just kinda nerdy, you'd probably like it. It was also pretty cool that the final round of the Omegathon featured Halo 3! Bungie had been suspiciously quiet all weekend, so I guess that's why. I don't even like fps games very much, but it was pretty awesome when they started hinting at the game with little video clips, and then the curtains opened and all sorts of blue smoke started pouring out while the Minibosses played the theme music, and the crowd went crazy of course. The showdown between the two contestants was equally awesome and epic, and the whole thing made for a very worthy and intense finish to the expo. Oh an also, we got Heavenly Sword for free (about a month before release) and I bought some awesome Miyazaki loot as well.

Anyways, the whole point of this post was supposed to be what a horrible person I am for not preparing enough, so if I don't get my butt into a faster gear soon please tell me how much I suck.

2 comments:

net perin said...

Hey Lyndsey,

I know what you mean about being anxious for the big day!...
I'm not starting until January though... so I have a little bit more time to procrastinate*grin*
Like you I want to dig into the books and see what I can get out of them...really read and take lots of notes. And I have a ton of notes that I've gotten from the web now that I've stuffed into my Google Notebook...and haven't had time to read any of it yet! But oh well, Onward we both go...Charge!...
So get to it!*grin*

Good Luck with things!
~Net

Karisa said...

lyndsey....hi...i agree with you totally! while reading your post i couldn't help shouting AMEN!!!....also i too will be hopefully attending AM in the future...i'm looking at 2008 march enrollment. i discovered AM on CG society....any ways do keep posting as it will be a big help to me!! Blessing for you as you begin at AM!!!!

for the love of art and entertainment!,

Karisa :)