Saturday, September 29, 2007

I LIED

OK, so my last post wasn't actually my last post before class starts. I realized about 30 seconds after I posted that my first mentor had been assigned, and I felt the immediate need to announce it here! His name is Elliot Roberts and he is currently working at Pixar, although he has also worked at ILM, Tippet, and Blue Sky Studios (all of which are amazing). He has worked on very cool stuff like Ratatouille, PotC 2, Charlotte's Web and Robots, and I'm sure he's working on something wicked awesome at Pixar as we speak. Neat!

4 comments:

Francisco Javier Loredo said...

Hey Binz!

Thats cool that your mentor also works for Pixar. My mentor works at Pixar as well. His name is Brett Coderre. I thought that all of us were going to have the same mentor.

I did a checklist similar to yours and I'm pretty much ready with everyhing for now. I will be using Maya 8.5 for now tho. I'm just waiting for the animation book listed on the academic page and I will be set.

See around the campus!
Later!

Anonymous said...

Good luck Binz.

Looking forward to watching your progress and see you around the campus :)

net perin said...

Hey...
That's awesome news!
I can't wait to join in the fun too!

You'd be proud of me...I've made myself a schedule so that I can keep up with the reading;) Just 10 pages a day out of the main books, plus 2 articles a week from the internet:D
Plus taking some really great notes for myself...should be manageable for me:D (crossing my fingers...tee,hee,hee!)

Good Luck to you!!!
See you around campus in January :)

Eray said...

Hey Binz
Since you have a tablet, you may consider a 2d anim program like PAP or Flipbook which may help you in planning and timing.
Happy animating and see you in campus!