Friday, January 18, 2008

Oh ya, Class 2 and Stuff

At this point I should probably just go ahead and change the title of my blog to something more appropriate, like "binzer doesn't blog her blog, but thanks for stopping by sucker."

It's not that I hate the 3 people who occasionally read this blog, or that I hate blogging, or that I hate animation. Mostly it's just that I'm lazy and that I've been spending too much free time playing Rock Band and watching Scrubs. I only discovered the show last year, and after a long period of despising it I recently starting loving it, which means that I have seven seasons to watch, and that's a lot. My dog also has big brown eyes that bore into my soul every time I'm on the computer, and a cute fuzzy tummy that forces me to give him raspberries when he's trying to sleep.

Oh, and ALSO, I got totally disenchanted with blogging because my videos are always butchered when I upload them. I can butcher the timing and quality of my work well enough on my own, and the extra help finishing the job just makes me ornery.

Is that enough excuses yet? If it's not, feel free to shoot me an e-mail because I have some extra excuses saved up that I'm happy to share.

ANYWAAAYS, Class 2 has started! The topic is Body Mechanics and I think it's probably the most terrifying class I'll take during my stay at AM. Everyone I talk to says it has the steepest learning curve, not to mention that a large number of people seem either to retake it or drop out, so it's gotta be hard. I hope I'm done Scrubs by the time it picks up :(

My mentor is Brian Mendenhall from Tippet, and I think he'll be a good mentor to have for this class since he's used to a very realistic style, which usually means accurate body mechanics! He seems very knowledgeable, and he's also quite the chatterbox which should make for some awesomely informative Q&As. Too bad I'm an IDIOT and missed this week's Q&A because I forgot that it's on a different day for me this term :( Luckily for me my wonderful classmate Maya gave me some kickass notes, but I'll have to get my head screwed on straight before next week.

It's 2AM and the supply of guilt that was fueling me to write this has officially run out, so that's all for now! I may start hosting my videos so they don't suck so much, but I'm happy to take alternate suggestions (I already tried wordpress, and something about it didn't work for me, but I forget what :P).

PS Check this out if you have time: http://mattsevensix.blogspot.com/

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL...Hang in there Binz :)

Actually, I'm not sure why you dont like wordpress but so far it works great for me. Just get a youTube account and link the youTube video :)

I'd love to see what your doing for class 2. I'm sure your kicking major butt as usual.

Good luck and I'll see ya during the spring class :)

Dave Humphreys said...

Hey Binzer, you don't know me and all that (guess im reader number 4)but since i decided to join AM i checked in on your blog a little bit, and its been pretty darn helpful.

just wanted to say thanks, good luck in your studies, and maybe ill see you on campus!

Toby Cochran said...

hey aren't you almost in class 4 girl?? UPDATE NEEDED :P

Michael Richard said...

Time to uupppdate... L-Girl! =)