Thursday, October 4, 2007

Yesterday was a good day

So, yesterday I was given a brand new 24 inch monitor (so beautiful) AND I had my first Q&A with my mentor and classmates. The monitor is awesome for obvious reasons, and the Q&A was awesome b/c everyone in my class seemed very interesting and friendly, and so did the mentor! I was originally dreading the first Q&A since I thought we were just going to have to introduce ourselves by talking about ourselves at random (which always makes me feel cheesy) but instead we just had to give our animation background and name a favorite character, which is soooooo much better. Elliot genuinely seems like a nice, helpful guy, and I like his general point of view and sense of humor to boot! It should be a very enjoyable and educational few months :)

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

sounds great so far! Keep up the consistent blogging. Your progress is being watched very closely mwahaha

Francisco Javier Loredo said...

Hey Binz!

I'm glad that everything went awesome for you in your first Q&A. Enjoy your 24 inch monitor!

Good luck with classes and see around campus!

F. Javier Loredo.

Anonymous said...

24 inch monitor! (Jealousy insues) hahahaha. Awesomeness...you must post a picture of your PC rig :)

Glad to hear your first Q&A went well. Cya around.

Anthony

Eray said...

Hey binz
I wish (I had that monitor:)that you will fully benefit from your 24 inch monitor.
In the meantime, if you can't afford the pro version you can use PAP:Free. It has all the functionality except layers.
See ya!

Fawzi said...

24 inchesss....damnnn...i just got a 19in and I was going crazy lol..
i've been stealing your links, glen keane is the man..well good luck with everything
see ya around

binzer said...

Thanks for the comments guys! And Saladin, it's not fair that you don't have a public profile! Do you have a blog?

Fawzi said...

its me binzer...saladin is Fuzzy Bear lmaoo....
i'm just getting use to this blog stuff so i hope this works..

Anonymous said...

Hey binz! Nice to see you're part of an awesome community here. Good luck and work hard :)
Ty

Anonymous said...

What is happening so far?
I just got accepted into the Winter 2008 class at AM that starts in january and so far I'm kind of feeling very mych the same way you felt when you got accepted. I actually didn't have to wait much. I applied on oct.09 2007 and got accepted oct.10 2007.

Please... do tell how you are progressing and what is happening with you and your journy of becoming the next Pixar animator.