Monday, July 16, 2007

binzer-binz the blogging blogger blogs a blog!

I finished applying for Animation Mentor today, and in honor of my great achievement I am starting a blog! I realize that merely applying probably doesn't SEEM like that great of an achievement, but in my case I felt that it was necessary to spend several weeks researching, googling every person in the showcase reels, perusing hundred of blogs, posting on forums, and harassing current students (thank-you current students, I love you!).

To be honest, I hate blogs. Well actually, no, that's a lie. I love blogs when it's other people who are writing them, especially when they are Animation Mentor blogs that ease my illogical fears of becoming a jobless, in-debt loser. However, I hold no delusions about myself in this matter, and know full well that I will be terrible at keeping up this blog. I wish it wasn't true, but my track record isn't the best when it comes to these things.

Anyways, despite my horrendous blogging ability, I plan to try my best to document my Animation Mentor journey for anyone out there who is interested. Personally I found reading AM blogs to be very helpful and inspiring while making my decision to apply, so hopefully some day my blog can help someone too (assuming I ever make a post beyond this one).

The term I applied for starts in October, so I have a few months to go, but it's hopefully only a couple weeks until I find out if I'm in or not. Until then I plan to draw stick-men and play around in Maya PLE. Fingers crossed that I get in!

No comments: